- YaraVita PROCOTE
THE COLORS OF YIELD
Yara’s innovative range of liquid suspension fertilizer coatings, YaraVita® PROCOTE® exclusively available from NACHURS®, ensures the even distribution of micronutrients on growing crops. Fertilizer blenders will find YaraVita PROCOTE® easy to use due to its benefits of significantly reducing dust and losses. YaraVita® Procote® ensures even micronutrient supply with each fertilizer granule which enhances micronutrient efficiency, crop yield and quality.
What is YaraVita® Procote®?
Yara and NACHURS are proud to introduce YaraVita® PROCOTE®, the latest technology in the quest to achieve greater nutrient stewardship and efficiency. YaraVita® PROCOTE® is a new oil-based micronutrient coating for use dry blending systems with impregnation capabilities. It offers the following advantages over powder coatings and/or traditional granular, micronutrient blending systems:
- Supplies an even distribution of micronutrients throughout the blend with no segregation during handling, storage, transport, or application
- Improved micronutrient availability and efficiency due to more uniform root interception throughout the soil profile
- No water is added to the fertilizer, and thus product deterioration is minimized
- Oil based properties aid in dust suppression and improves overall quality of the blended product
The oil-based adhesion technology contained in YaraVita® PROCOTE® keeps more on the applied micronutrients on the impregnated granule as compared to powder coatings, thus adding to the nutrient efficiency properties.
YaraVita® PROCOTE® can be used on any blending system (vertical, batch, rotary, etc.) that is equipped with a spray system for impregnation. This all leads to a more efficient distribution of micronutrients on the blended granule, and ultimately a higher probability of plant uptake through root interception. YaraVita® PROCOTE® will continue to be part of the movement toward greater nutrient stewardship and efficiency, which leads to increased crop yields, plant productivity, and return on investment.
A simple pump and spray nozzle is all that is required for application.
Micronutrient deficiencies are widespread but remain mostly undetected. Steadily increasing crop yields further deplete soil micronutrient levels and can limit the growth and development of crops. This is often referred to as “hidden hunger”. Adequate micronutrient supply limits the effect of hidden hunger.
Crops require micronutrients in small quantities. Minor variations in blending and spreading accuracy, combined with variations in granule size and density, reduce the farmer’s ability to spread micronutrients evenly and accurately to the growing crop. Micronutrient coating ensures even micronutrient supply with each single fertilizer granule.
The more even the supply of micronutrients, the easier it is for plant roots to reach these nutrients. Micronutrient uptake is therefore more efficient with even supply.
YaraVita® PROCOTE® (18 Photos)
YaraVita® PROCOTE® is an oil-based formulation that has high viscosity. To optimize blending results, NACHURS has developed recommended equipment options. The manufacturers listed below have equipment that meets the material handling requirements of YaraVita® PROCOTE® physical properties:
- Oil based suspension- specific for this application
- High concentration of the element
- Color coating- visual
- Free flowing (no bridging)
- Uniform coverage- even distribution
- Dust suppression
- Ease of handling- color identification
- Low application rates
- Versatility to meet grower needs
- Flexibility with products and storage
- Agronomic efficiency- field crop response
- Better yield
- Compatibility with other impregnation products- multiple applications to the same ton of fertilizer
- Inventory management