- 4R Nutrient Stewardship
4R Nutrient Stewardship
As agricultural production increases to feed a growing world population, emphasis on sustainability and environmental protection have become increasingly important. To address these important issues, NACHURS follows and promotes the 4Rs of Nutrient Stewardship.
The 4Rs concept is:
Right fertilizer source at the
Right rate, at the
Right time and in the
Implementation of this important concept helps to maximize fertilizer use efficiency by matching the needs of the crop and reducing nutrient loss from the field.
NACHURS liquid fertilizer products fit the 4Rs in these ways;
- Right Source: NACHURS fertilizer products are made using only the highest quality raw materials. The chemistry used in our production process creates a low salt index, seed safe, non-corrosive, highly soluble product with a near neutral pH that is high in orthophosphate. These attributes allow maximum nutrient uptake.
- Right Rate: Because of the chemistry of NACHURS fertilizer products, small amounts of fertilizer that the plants will readily use can be applied for specific applications which minimizes any negative effects of run-off or leaching into the environment.
- Right Time: NACHURS fertilizers are designed to target specific growth stages of any crop. We create different products to address the ever changing nutritional needs of a growing plant throughout its life. NACHURS fertilizers can provide the correct nutrient at the right time.
- Right Place: The correct placement of nutrients is paramount to an efficient fertilizer program. NACHURS fertilizers are recommended specifically for in-furrow and foliar applications. By placing nutrients where the plant can use them, we gain nutrient use efficiency.
Using all of the 4Rs in conjunction is what allows NACHURS to provide a solid foundation for any fertilizer program, whether it is one of our NPK products in-furrow or our slow release nitrogen as a foliar application. The source of NACHURS fertilizers allow for specific rates to be applied at specific growth stages and in a place that the plant can use them, and has since 1946.
- RT @ray_micah82: My #cotton producers depend on @NACHURS #RhyzoLink powered by #BioK for quick, uniform and healthy emergence in their fiel…
RT @FertilizerNews: Using #fertilizer helps farmers grow more on less land, reducing #deforestation & #emissions
- RT @4Rnutrients: George Washington recognized the significant value of fertilizer for his vast farming operations. @Fertilizer_Inst https:/…